February 3, 2013 by seriesofassortedevents
10 fingers, 10 toes, 10 commandments, 10 miles in my run this week!
Here are the Top Ten things about my First Ten!
9. 57 degrees and weather that makes my soul smile8. Watermelon Gu chomps. I actually prefer the gel, but these little suckers tasted just like candy so I can’t exactly complain. If they came in quick release I could deal. They just took a while to kick in I think.
6. Music and lots of it- Santigold Pandora for the first bit of the run
5. Flux Pavilion Pandora for the second half of the run, especially “I Can’t Stop”
4. My secret on-the-run tennis bathroom that I found (and more importantly the water fountain there of which I don’t have a picture)
3. My fire shoes (Saucony Guide 6) did their job and there was no ankle/shin/any pain at all!
2. Motivation (competition?) from my Pops- he ran 11.5 miles before I even woke up!
1. That feeling of accomplishing a new PDR and looking at your watch and thinking “I just did that.” (Also to be noted, learning the phrase PDR) (Personal distance record)
This run was so exciting! I’m really proud of myself and it showed just how much my “training” has paid off. Remember when my long runs were 5 miles? Remember when I ran like this? The half marathon is in three weeks and after this run there is no doubt that I’m ready. If I can run 10 miles after a night out then I can run 13 after a night of preparation. I am pumped.
After the run I came home, ice bathed, showered, and ate. After farting around for a little while I went to the first parade downtown with Sophia and Will. It was fun but I’m in the mood for a New Orleans parade. Bacchus, anyone? (Why oh why must we go to Colorado during Mardi Gras this year. The only time I’d rather stay in Louisiana.)
What’s your PDR? (Now that I know that term I plan to use it in common speech)
-Ten miles, thank you very much.
Have you ever been to a Mardi Gras parade? Baton Rouge? New Orleans? 🙂
-Both and New Orleans (obviously) knows how to do it like no other. Good God I love New Orleans.
Gu chomps/shotblocks or gels?
I prefer gels